What is Fair Use? Essentially, it allows you to legitimately use copyrighted works under certain conditions and for certain purposes such as criticism, news reporting, teaching, and parody. Don't just take my word for it, here is an example of a video created using fair use provisions that uses Disney characters to explain what fair use is.
Video and Transcript
I also recommend the following video, that summarizes a guide called "The Code of Best Practices in Fair Use for Media Literacy Education".
- Superman May Break Copyright Barrier
- Writings from University Press's Sandy Thatcher
- Legal Sources for Accessing Music, Movies, and More...
- Self-Learning Distance Program on Copyright for Librarians
- Presentation on Copyright, Digital Media, and Education
- Story about the MPAA and College Student Downloads
- Copyright Resources: Pennsylvania Center for the Book
- Copyright and Fair Use Explained by Disney Characters
- Best Practices in Fair Use for Media Literacy Education
- Fair Use Ruling and Implications for Educational and Non-Profit Use
- Best Practices in Fair Use for Online Video
- Tool for Determining Copyright Status
- Fair Use Analysis Tool
TrackBack URL: https://blogs.psu.edu/mt4/mt-tb.cgi/58611